NOTE: The modding system is under heavy development. APIs are expected to change, which may break existing mods! Feel free to update any information on this wiki that is out of date.
Documentation[edit | edit source]
Documentation of the server and game client code is available at https://docs.play.eco. This is updated when the game is released to the latest version.
Discord[edit | edit source]
You can discuss mods and modding on the Eco Discord server.
We have multiple channels:
- #mod-ads for advertising your own mods.
- #mod-dev for talk about the development of mods.
- #mod-talk for general talk about mods, such as what existing mods to use or how to make basic changes to the game.
- #mod-help for issues with mods.
Tools[edit | edit source]
Strange Loop Games recommends using the latest versions of Visual Studio and Unity.
- Visual Studio 2022 Community edition (free)
- See Unity Downloads to download the version of Unity that matches the ProjectVersion.txt in the modkit you are using.
Official Guides[edit | edit source]