Plants and trees will not grow in polluted areas, but some plants are more resistant to pollution than others.
The sources of pollution and the spread of the pollution can be inspected on the Map using layers.
Types of Pollution[edit | edit source]
Ground Pollution[edit | edit source]
Ground pollution includes water and spreads using the rules of hydrology, and "seeps" into nearby blocks.
Ground pollution is caused by:
- Tailings - A byproduct from ore processing.
- Garbage - Created when a player drops items on the ground.
- Sewage - A byproduct from Smelting at a Blast Furnace, as well as other machinery. It can be transported through Pipes.
"Currently, pollution reduction for Ground Pollution is based on how many solid blocks are above it, every 5 solid blocks reduces pollution by 50%. For example, with 10 solid blocks above the reduction would be 75%, with 15 it would be 87.5% and so on." - Version 0.9.2
Ground Pollution Example[edit | edit source]
Air Pollution[edit | edit source]
Air pollution spreads through the air, and has the same effects on the fauna and flora as ground pollution, but is quick to dissipate if given time.
Trees absorb CO2 at the following daily rates:
Old Growth Redwood: -0.15
Air pollution is caused by:
- Smog - Smog is caused by the burning of fuels at Crafting Tables, or by the use of Vehicles. It can be transported through Pipes.
Prolonged air pollution can lead to sea level rising, which is devastating and is permanent.
Air Pollution Example[edit | edit source]
A Blast Furnace creating smog while in use
See Also[edit | edit source]
See also list Category: Polluter.
History[edit | edit source]
- Beta 8.0.0, Introduced Plumbing to ECO allowing the transfer of Water and Sewage through Pipes.
- Beta 7.2.x, Introduced Pipes to transport Smog.